Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Cleaning the House, Getting Ready to Sell


With the exception of one side of one door and a few doorknobs, the home improvement work is done and we're at the cleaning stage. That mostly means "get shit ready to go to Goodwill / sell on Craigslist / put in storage" as well as getting things in the house at the phase where a Realtor can show the house. I'm systematically working my way from one end of the house to the other cleaning and straightening and packing and organizing as I go.

So far, I've made it halfway through one room but I expect to pick up a little bit and finish a couple more before the night is done. The problem is, I'm going to be so worn out I doubt I'll be able to get to sleep at a reasonable hour, but I've been coming in at dodgy hours anyway so I guess that's OK. I fully expect to be at this until well past midnight tonight, so two more hours or so.

I sold my very first item on Craigslist tonight - Guitar Hero 1 and 2 for the PS2. Sad to see it go, but it wasn't doing me any good since I got the 360 version and storing it was more trouble than it's worth. I've got a couple of other items up there and expect to do a lot more business in that space this weekend.

I keep telling myself this will all be worth it, but we're so fucking far behind schedule (the house was supposed to be on the market October 1, and we're realistically leaving town for good in four weeks) that it's hard to see that right now. I guess I just keep trooping through and hope it all works out.

The dryer buzzed, so it's time for the next load of laundry. There's something that never changes: me doing all the damn laundry.

1 comment:

Briosafreak said...

Good luck, you'll find plenty of gaming goodness, expensive prices, and awful food.

Hope you like Football (soccer), it's the best thing in London, together with Rugby and the Museums.